Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Married bliss


They say a picture speaks a thousand words. I do not know whether through this write- up I take away that magic, but I can’t stop myself from expressing the feelings that this picture evokes.

The picture itself is so simple but unleashes a plethora of thoughts. Two people sitting/lying down beside each other with their hands touching. Particularly noticeable are the wedding rings.

I feel this is the ultimate bliss in one’s life...just lying down besides one another…saying through this simple gesture that ‘I am with you’. This kind of companionship within the sanctity of marriage …what else can one wish for?

People may say that one becomes stronger by taking on the world alone... this may be true but the emotional strength one stands to gain by this assurance that there is someone with you is unsurpassed.

As I write this, I can’t help but feel that perhaps I destroy some magic created by the picture and my words are inadequate to match up to the strong feelings that the picture evokes.

0 comments: