Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On Blogging

It is 3 years since I started blogging...thanks to my son who encouraged me to express my thoughts. I was completely raw and clueless about what I should blog about. All I knew was that I needed something like an open diary where I could jot down my experiences of life. There were some interesting events, some shocking, some pleasant, some joyous...I kept recording all these. Sometimes there were some wonderful incidents which I wanted to write about but could not as there was a serious lack of time. But now I have determined that whatever be the time constraints , I will be more regular in my writing,  else there are huge gaps in the journal...as though life had paused in those moments. Life doesn't wait and there is no reason why my blog should. This is a promise to myself on this third anniversary of my blog.

Well, today I have come a long way from when I started as I have been reading blogs by many blog writers'. I understand that the styles vary...the genres vary...the content type varies. I have seen blogs with some half- hearted attempts...abandoned after a while; I have seen blogs with nearly 55 lakh page views!; I have seen blogs with very sincere and heartfelt messages...even if simple in content; I have seen blogs which have succumbed to the pressure and now blog for the sake of the blog followers; food blogs which also have some very faithful followers despite there being a large number of recipes available online.

Today, I feel happy at having kept up my blog..Of course, I would feel happier were the comments in proportion to the page visits. :)

2 comments:

Vinod Ekbote said...

Subha, Congratulations on three years of blogging. I look forward to more posts on Hyderabad eateries and food on your blog. Keep blogging.


Vinod

Beautiful World said...

Hi Vinod,
Thank you for the encouragement. Yeah, I love tasting the various cuisines offered in our Hyderabad restaurants.