Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Aloo Paratha and Mint dip

When I visit the restaurants, I am served the green dip which goes with the starters and I find it awesome in taste.
Well today, I finally learned how to make it and it was equal awesome in taste.Here's the recipe:
(Recipe courtesy vahchef)

Grind together
  • 1 tsp jeera
  • 1/2 inch ginger
  • 2 garlic pods
  • 2 bunches of pudina/mint
  • 1bunch of dhaniya/coriander
  • 1 tsp anaar/pomegranate seeds
  • salt
Take equal quantities of this paste and thick curd and whisk together. The fragrance of mint combined with coriander with a dash of sourness caused by the pomegranate seeds makes this a heady concoction.
 I don't have the dried pomegranate seeds which were shown in the recipe and therefore went with fresh ones and enjoyed that crunchiness rendered to the dip 
Make those hot aloo parathas and dip it in this chutney and enjoy this great combination. 

0 comments: