Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Roti Shhoti revisited

I had visited Roti Shhoti sometime in April and had written its review here.
This time though, I had visited alone and when I started my order, I was recommended their set-lunch offered in a segregated white tray containing Peeli Dal, Veg sheekh kabab, Veg Dum Biryani, Methi Chaman & Paneer Kulcha. They had offered a dessert too which I declined.

The meal started with Tomato Shorba which seemed more like tomato soup. It wasn't spicy or thin like shorbas are normally found to be.
Though its been sometime since my visit, and I don't recall all the finer details, what I distinctly remember is this:
1. The total quantity was huge!. I could manage only half of it. Even for a person with a robust appetite, the quantity served would easily suffice.
2. As usual, they do justice to their name 'Roti-Shhoti.' Rotis, any kind, served here are truly awesome... very soft and pliable.
3. The appetizer served this time was good again though not excellent as the Aloo Kabab that we had ordered the last time.
4.The curries, though don't stand out as being exceptional, but as mentioned in my last post, they are still recommended for being non-oily in preparation.
5. The biryani also was quite decent though not exceptional.
6. At 140/ for this lunch, I feel that it is good value for money: taste-wise, quantity-wise, the ambience...

Found their menu online here.

0 comments: